Blocks of flexible, semi-rigid and rigid foam produced by discontinuous processes are used for some specific applications in the insulation, furnishing and car industry sectors. In this case the production lines require metering units that guarantee a very high-output with the capacity to pour large quantities of material in a relatively short time.
The dosing units specifically designed for high outputs cover an output range between 250 and 500 kg/min, For example, they are typically used for the production of:
- rigid low-density blocks for insulation
- insulated “offshore” pipes with compact filled compounds (e.g. with glass micro-spheres)
- rigid medium-density blocks that can be worked with machine tools to produce models
- semi rigid, blocks for headliners
- viscoelastic foams for mattresses and pillows.